Sri Lanka Madiha
Sri Lanka ist die beste Destination, um perfekten Surf in atemberaubender Kulisse zu erleben. Unsere Surfcamp im Süden Sri Lankas in Madiha ist nur 100 Meter vom Meer entfernt!
Volunteer Ericeira (m/w/d)
ARE YOU OUR NEW VOLUNTEER FOR PORTUGAL SURFCAMP?
We are looking for volunteers to come and join us at Portugal Surfcamp this season of 2023 (April-October)! We are located in vibrant Ericeira on the Atlantic coast of Portugal, just 35 minutes north of Lisbon. Ericeira is the surf capital of Europe as well as a rising tourist destination with gorgeous landscape and delicious seafood and wine. You will find all types of waves in Ericeira surroundings for both complete beginners to more advanced surfers. It is not a must that you already know how to surf in order to become a part of our team. There will be plenty of time for you to learn!
You will become a part of a team of 3-4 other volunteers, the camp manager, surf head coach, chef and surf instructors. We are a global team of different cultures from Portugal, Denmark, Austria and Germany. Part of the team have been with Portugal Surfcamp for many years, while others are rather new, but we are always excited to welcome new faces to the team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers to join our team in giving our clients the best surfing experience in their life. As a volunteer you will be a chameleon and a team player. Not one day is the same at Portugal Surfcamp, so it is vital that you master the ability to adapt and transition to any given situation. It is important that you enjoy being around a lot of people, as you will both work and live with different people who comes and goes. To give our clients the best experience, we must all work together as a team to achieve that goal and we must help each other wherever we can.
What can you expect?
You will be a total of 3-4 other volunteers (depending on the time of the season), and you will live together as well. Each day is divided into 3 shifts (morning, afternoon, evening) of 5-6 hours each with 1,5 days off per week. Every day there will be different tasks that need to be done throughout your shift. However, your shift is never limited to those specific tasks as it is important to adapt and transition to each day. Being a volunteer with us, means that you will not receive any monthly salary. However, you will a lot of very generous benefits in return and of course the time of your life 😉 Therefore, we except your work in return, which means that if you’re looking to come to relax and be on vacation, this is not the job for you. We are looking for responsible people, who understands that you need to work in order to get all the above for free!
What you will be doing (but are not limited to):
- Preparing breakfast (either alone or with a teammate, depending on the number of clients)
- Helping the chef to serve dinner + clean up after
- Socializing and hanging out with the clients
- Conducting weekly music quizzes
- Reminding guests of important deadlines
- Collect certain payment from clients
- Check-in/check-out of clients
- Know how to drive a stick and be comfortable with driving bigger vans (Ford Transit size): Driving clients to/from bus station in Ericeira; Driving clients to/from surfing classes; Grocery shopping when needed
- General cleaning and maintenance around the camp such as: Cleaning the public toilets; Vacuum + mob common areas; Emptying trash; Remove dirty dishes from common areas; Tidying up around the camp; Maintaining the kitchen throughout the day
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license, know how to drive a stick and be comfortable with driving bigger vans (Ford Transit size)
- Fluent in English (other languages are a plus, but not a must)
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 1 month (4 full weeks) – the longer, the better
- Previous experience in the travel, leisure, service, retail business is not a must, but a nice to have
Other qualities we are looking for:
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Ability to adapt and transition to any given situation
- Capable of separating personal relationships and from client relationships
- Feeling comfortable with being an authority figure without abusing it
- High sense of service level
- Social and outgoing
- Able to talk with all kinds of people despite your own personal preference
What we offer?
- Free accommodation
- Free food (7 x breakfast + 5 x dinner)
- Free usage of surf material (wetsuit + surfboard)
- The opportunity for free surf classes, yoga classes, skate classes (when availability and working hours allow it)
- New friendships for life
- An experience of a lifetime
If you could see yourself in this position, don’t hesitate to send us your CV in English to email@example.com. We are receiving a lot of applications, so please, note that our response time can be a bit slow. Looking forward to hearing from you!